Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mixed fruit dessert with Frog Hollow Farm fruit!

Just received a great dessert idea from Frog Hollow Farm friend, Diana Fredrich. Here's another great way to use our Frog Hollow Farm fruit!

email from Diana:

I made a dessert on Sunday for a dinner party - and it was a great
hit. I wanted to share with you.

First - I made a vanilla pound cake.

But - I simply sliced up all the beautiful Frog Hollow fruit (and added some Livermore strawberries) into a glass serving bowl.

THEN - I poured about 1 cup of a very good chilled
French Pear Liqueur over the fruit and tossed it,
then chilled it.

I served the fruit over pieces of the pound cake then
topped with fresh whipped cream.


It tasted amazing -
AND - it looked spectacular !!

The next day - we also had the fruit / liqueur over
gourmet vanilla ice cream (delicious).

This sounds amazing and such a great use of local fruit! We'd love to see your pictures of this great use of our fruit and hear about other great ways to enjoy Frog Hollow Farm fruit! Email your photos and ideas to peaches@froghollow.com!

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites